Friday, April 22, 2011

How Healthy is Your Meat?

I read a book a few years ago entitled "Raising Whole Wheat Kids in a White Bread World." That title struck me as I had always made whole wheat bread for my family and mother did before me. I love to eat healthy and without being a fanatic, which is easy to do, I try to feed our family as natural food as possible. That book left me a little cold and frustrated though, as she came up with a reason that nothing available was good for you. I liked some of her stories and suggestions but she basically destroyed every type of food out there and why you couldn't eat it.

You couldn't eat any meat, as they had hormones, growth injections, force feeding of poisons basically, couldn't eat fish that was farm raised, couldn't eat fruits and veggies due to pesticides and genetically altering, couldn't eat dairy due also to hormones and injections the cows were given, the list went on and on until finally I gave up and decided a little moderation was needed. My husband is a hunter and while up to this time I never fully appreciated the meat he brought home, I suddenly realized that this was what I had been looking for, pure natural meat, talk about your free-range, wholesome, no additive meat! We started having the elk ground in to hamburger and that is all we have eaten for the past three years. The family loves it and when company comes over, no one has ever noticed the difference. If you or your husband isn't a hunter you can still find good sources of natural meat, you just have to look a little harder; the same with our veggies and dairy products. Being aware is the first step towards healthy living.

Wheat Bread

How Healthy is Your Meat?

Niman Ranch (http://www.nimanranch.com/index.aspx) is proud to bring you the finest tasting all natural meat in the world.

Friends Link : cuisinart multiclad unlimited 12 piece cookware

0 comments:

 
Wheat Bread © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você